Saturday, May 27, 2006

new everything

there are some things that I just can't contain.I hope I don't bore you to death with these.:-)

Yes people...contrary to popular belief, I do have a job. I'm now an official tax payer; part of the working class.Damn.I snagged the job one week after my initial interview.I'm now an Administrative Assistant at Glaxo Smithkline's Performance Effectiveness Resounce Group Department (PERG).Still a casual, but with a great chance of being a regular.October will be the decision month for me so I'm really really determined to do great with this.2 weeks had been absolutely different for me.Waking up at 5:45 every morning was...i mean IS...hell.Riding the MRT daily makes hell such an understatement.Try multiplying the feeling exponentially,now that would somewhat amount to what I feel.Walking,though with promises of burning cellulite in my thighs (which accumulated during my short-lived vacation, by the way),3 blocks from Magallanes station is terrible.That's why I'm forced to stick with my trustee flat-shoes as my daily footwear (and I was so excited to use my pumps.They match all my office-wear,ya know!?) Speaking of daily apparel, corporate clothing as my daily get-up was really a 180 degree turn from my usual jeans and t-shirt get-up.Now that it's been 2 weeks since I started working,I'm afraid it's time, sad to say,for me to "ulit" my blouses.I can't wait for payday.

A lot of changes had occurred,really. New job instantly means new life. I had to mature;grow-up eventhough I don't want to (yet..hehe).But that's life.The cliche sucks but that's true. I hate it that I don't get to see Batchoy that often anymore.Once a week would be an indulgence. I get to talk to him every now and then though,using the company phone of course :-) Oh,and I'm ecstatic that I have my own working cube already: my own computer, own desk, own everything.Next week,I'm gonna start stuffing it with some of my room stuff...just so I could give it a personal touch (naka-ng-shet!).I'm glad that people at PERG are super bait. I never felt out-of-place from the moment I stepped in that Monday morning. I'm so thankful also that they're uber patient with me, you know, being new and stuff.I love that I have good work mates.I love that all of us in PERG are all girls.GIRL POWER TO THE NTH LEVEL ;-)

I had my hair cut to.Just like Angel Aquino's.It's new...and different...but just like my life so far, it's awesome.

Confused with this entry? Read my profile.I love irony. ;-)

No comments: